The observations, which have lead to the creation of V O X C A N
, are well known by all the actors of the pharmaceutical and biotechnological area: the development of a new drug candidate is a long and expensive process. On average, 800M€ are spent before the launch of a new molecule on the market (of which 36% are used for preclinical research
) on a period of 10 years (3-4 years spent in preclinical research
Moreover, the standard analyze process (histology
) suffers a few inconvenients:
- Numerous animals are used.
- Ex-vivo studies only.
- No longitudinal follow-up.
- 2D analysis only.
- Long time spent for data analysis.
The solution proposed by V O X C A N
aims to speed up preclinical studies’ processes by using both anatomical (X-Ray Tomography) or functional (Optical Molecular Imaging) imaging. Many profits can be obtained:
- Ethical profit : Drastic reduction in the number of animals needed (a drop of up to 75%!).
- Accuracy profit : 3D analysis, in-vivo studies, longitudinal follow-up.
- Time profit : on average, by a factor of 2.
- Financial profit : on average, by a factor of 2.
Last, but not least, studies realized by V O X C A N
follow preformatted or made-to-order processes which respect internationally recognized GLP standards.